500 hour yoga teacher training course in India registered with Yoga Alliance, USA organized at Jeevmoksha Yoga Gurukul – RYS 200 RYS 500 Yoga school in Rishikesh.
Jeevmoksha yoga Gurukul is situated in the pious city of Rishikesh also known as the world yoga capital, hosts one of the most spectacular and serene river Ganga and is blessed with the presence of mighty Himalayas, which has been an abode for yogis and seekers from all over the world since ages. Being at school will be an experience of a lifetime where you will be able to master the skills of yoga teaching and also to establish more deeper into your own practice and sadhana. The Gurukul follows the classical approach of Hatha and Raj yoga and teachers are well equipped with knowledge and experience to deliver the techniques and concepts of yoga in a very practical and easily understandable method. If you an aspiring yoga teacher looking forward to spread the light of this ancient tradition, Jeevmoksha can be a perfect spot for you to fulfill your aspirations.
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training India
The 500 hour yoga teacher training at Jeevmoksha has been designed to strengthen the yogic conditioning in students while letting them merge into the classical system of learning and practice. The course includes detailed study of concepts of yoga and learning correct methodology of teaching Asanas, Pranayama, Dharana and Dhyaan. You will explore the new dimensions within your existing level of practice of these aspects of yoga while learning others, and will be encouraged to transform into an experienced yoga teacher along with earning your credentials at 500 hours level with Yoga Alliance USA.
500 hour Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus
The course syllabus will include the following :
- Yoga philosophy in depth. Study of Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Hatha Yoga Pradeepika, Swar Yoga, and Bhagwad Geeta to bring alive the philosophy of yoga in our lives and classes.
- Human anatomy and physiology explained in correlation to the practices of Yoga viz. Asanas, Pranayama, Shatkarmas and Meditation.
- Understanding of the Vedant system and its evolutes of personality.
- Mantra chants and Kirtans will be an integral part of the routine.
- Identification of individual personality types and modifications in yoga according to the same so as to procure maximum benefits out of the practice.
- Importance of diet and inclusions of a yogic diet suitable from physiological, mental and spiritual perspective.
- Teaching methodology and concepts of class design and conduction. Principles of adjustments and modifications on anatomical plains in asanas so as to initiate the Yoga Vritti while practicing. Students will be conducting their own classes from the fourth week of the course.
- Active group discussion, presentations and question answer sessions.
Upcoming Dates for 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training
|30th January 2017 to 8th April 2017 (500 hours yoga alliance certification RYT – 500)||$3210||Registration Open|
|1st September 2017 to 8th November 2017 (500 hours yoga alliance certification RYT – 500)||$3210||Registration Open|
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Daily Schedule
The program follows a routine which involves around 7 hours each day of training under the presence of a teacher. Apart from that extra hours are utilized for self study and completing home work which is an essential part of learning system to make the knowledge more integrated into your minds. The day begins at 5: 30 am which is the wake up time. Morning practice of mantras, asanas, pranayama will be followed by breakfast and then lectures on various aspects of yoga including philosophy and anatomy. Lunch is followed by some rest hours where students can engage in self study and completing the assignments. After the evening routine of practice dinner commences 7:30 onward and students are encouraged to sleep early as its needed to get proper rest in the hectic schedule.
Monday to Friday
» 07:00 am – Yoga Asanas
» 08:45 am – Shatkarma/ Pranayama and Kriyas
» 09:15 am – Breakfast
» 10:30 am – Yoga Philosophy
» 12:30 pm – Lunch
» 04:00 pm – Yoga Anatomy
» 05:00 pm – Yoga Asana
» 06:30 pm – Yoga Nidra/Meditation/Satsang
» 07:15 pm – Dinner
» 10:45 pm – Good night
» 07:00 am – Yoga Asanas
» 08:30 am – Pranayama
» 09:15 am – Breakfast
» 10:30 am – Outing/ Spiritual Documentary
» 12:30 pm – Lunch
» 04:00 pm – Live group discussions on topics of the week
» 07:15 pm – Dinner
» 10:45 pm – Good night
Note : Timings might change with seasons.
Extra Curricular Activities
- Visit the ancient Vashishta Guha (cave) as a part of the curriculum to experience a real contemplative awareness and meditation. This place is a calm and extremely energetic abode for all seekers who want to spend time in solicitation looking into themselves. A small ashram located in the midst of himalayas along the river Ganga.
- Nature walks & treks are a regular feature of program where students are exposed to nearby places of serenity and peace. Guided tours are organised to the places like Kunjapuri and Kaudiyala to get a glimpse of himalayan natural scape and beauty.
- Regular interaction with Masters from the discipline of Yoga, Ayurveda, Astrology, Vedanta and Life sciences to know more about the integral approach of Yoga and allied sciences, broadening perception about these holistic ways of living and growing.
- Yagya or holy fire ceremony. Opportunity to learn sacrificing the false ego and cultivating samskaras of compassion and harmony with the whole universe.
- Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting and a talk or reading on the philosophy of yoga and Vedanta. It helps to develop a strong and steady state of mind very useful in practical life situations of arousal and aggression.
- Students might choose to avail the opportunity of enjoying the white water rafting in Ganga while being in Rishikesh depending on whether conditions.
» Moments of Silence for 3 times a week from 9:00 to 10:00 pm.
» Students are required to attend all classes other than any health reasons.
» Outings are not permitted except other than the scheduled and any else on your day off.
» Evaluation procedure involves homework, weekly assignments and final exam.
» Students must be spending enough time in introversion and self contemplation in order to gain maximum out of the course.
» Admission to the course can be cancelled any time on non conduct of required academic and ethical behavior.
» The schedule is subject to change based upon local and whether conditions. The sole right is reserved with the course director.
Yoga Teacher Training Ethics & Behaviour Guidelines
- Jeevmoksha institute follows the traditional approach of Yoga in every aspect. So students must be aware of the fact that the teachings at the institute will be also blended in the same format which can be different from the pattern being practiced in the west.
- Jeevmoksha institute does not follow or teach any of the modern day modifications of Yoga which are presented by several names. The students must keep in mind that the teachings will be strictly under the traditional principles of Hatha & Raj Yoga.
- Behavior is an integral part of learning as well as the assessment procedure. Students should adapt to the rules being mentioned by the ancient sages and the idea of community and social relationships. This is extremely helpful to learn and grow and is an integral part of the Gurukul system of learning.
- The meals served at the institute are specially designed for the course texture and intensity. They are based on the ancient guidelines of Ayurveda and Yoga. Students should be able to adjust their food habits in relation to the same as any other edibles are not allowed during the course inside the campus.
- The teachings of Jeevmoksha Institute are intended towards culminating the real Experience of Yoga in the students. Hence the practices, training and routine is also framed in a manner that the students experience a fundamental transformation in behavioral and ethical patterns.
- Discipline is a must. The students must pursue the course routine and structure seriously.
- There is no provision for having guests. If there is any such condition, the information has to provided to the concerned person beforehand to make necessary arrangements.
- Students are supposed to be in the classroom on time or else they will not be permitted to enter once the class has started.
- Please make sure to clear all the dues before leaving the premises.
- The accommodation facility will be provided with meals during the course. The meals will be purely vegetarian and no non vegetarian diet will be allowed throughout the tenure of the course.
- Students need to possess a competent state of physical and mental health as the practices of yoga can be strenuous sometime for body and mind. If any issues of health exist, please consult your physician before commencing the practices and inform the Jeevmoksha administration about the same.
- As yoga is a discipline, it requires some responsibilities on part of the practitioners to be observed. Use of any kind of intoxications is strictly prohibited during the tenure of the courses and involvement in any unfair and unethical practices should also be averted. It is extremely important for the sadhaka of yoga to adopt to the virtues of truthfulness, awareness, self introspection, compassion for all beings and attitude of devotion for being successful.
Yoga Teacher Training Terms & Conditions
- Sattvic lifestyle has to be followed throughout the course period with no intoxication or fancy meals allowed.
- In order to ensure a firm progress, student must attend all the sessions without fail.
- Friends or relatives are not allowed in the course timings unless they are registered for the course.
- The accommodation provided will be simple & basic in nature with one room with attached toilets and the meals served will also be plain and sattvic in composition.
- For any grievances please contact the course coordinator.
- The candidature is subject to cancellation at any time during the course in the event of misbehavior or non compliance with the code of conduct by the student at the discretion of the Jeevmoksha administration
The fee once paid is non refundable. However the amount paid can be adjusted to any further date within one year from the date of enrollment, under the circumstances of student not being able to appear for the course enrolled. The information has to be provided to the institute administration beforehand and decision lies solely with Jeevmoksha administration towards transferring the fee to a further date, after careful consideration of the applicant’s reason for not attending the course.